Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University
|Residorms||Single Room||Double Room||Triplet Room||Quad Room||Room for 6 People||Room for Disabled|
|Balıkesir (Girls Dormitory Building)||N/A||24 m²||27 m²||N/A||N/A||26 m²|
|Balıkesir (Boys Dormitory Building)||28 m²||24 m²||25 m²||N/A||N/A||20 m²|
|Kırıkkale||27 m²||24 m²||27 m²||27 m²||36 m²||40 m²|
|Mugla||27 m²||22 m²||27 m²||N/A||N/A||26 m²|
The term of the accommodation agreement entered into with each student that is to stay in a Residorm dormitory is 10 months. The annual accommodation fee paid under this agreement covers this 10 months’ period.
The term of the agreement starts on September 15, and 10 months later, in other words on July 15. If the final and mark-up exams are not finished by the end of the term, the term of the agreement will be extended accordingly and no additional amount will be charged for such extension.
The students are required to vacate their rooms and complete their checkout procedures within 2 days following the expiration of their agreements. If a student does not complete the checkout procedures and leave their belongings in his/her room, this will be interpreted as his/her intention to stay in summer, and the relevant fee will be charged.
*The female and male dormitory buildings in Residorm Balıkesir was separated in the 2014-2015 academic year.
*The female and male dormitory buildings in Residorm Balıkesir was separated in the 2014-2015 academic year. Only the lobby and canteen are shared by the female and male students.
• Personal study desk, chair, bed, and locker;
• Personal dresser, reading lamp, and studying lamp in each room;
• Wireless internet in the rooms and the common areas;
• Telephone and hairdryer* in each room;
• Mini fridge for the common use of three people in each room;
• 2 personal secure electricity sockets on each study desk;
• Nonflammable comfortable beds in hotel standards, sheets, pillows, and duvets;
• Mattresses are covered with a fire retardant fabric, and they are spring beds;
• Each bed is located above the personal study desk.**
• Colorfully designed and decorated rooms;
• All rooms have exterior windows and are spacious and light;
• There is a scissor system on each window for security purposes;
• There are curtains and insect screens on the windows;***
• All Residorm buildings were built in accordance with the cutting-edge technology as well as the applicable fire and earthquake regulations; and the buildings are equipped with automatic fire detection, alarm, and extinguishing systems;
• The Residorm buildings are environmentally friendly. The rain waters and the waste waters from bathrooms and toilets are treated and used for toilet flushes and watering the gardens. We also use solar energy and led lamps.
*There is no hairdryer in the rooms in the Residorm Balıkesir, Kırıkkale and Mugla (only male block) dormitories.
**In the Residorm male dormitory building in Balıkesir, there is no bed base; and the toilet and bathroom are not separate.
***There are no insect screens on windows in Residorm Mugla.
We have a corporate background, and we provide accommodation services to students together with our headquarters in Istanbul.
We take into consideration the sensitivities of the students and their parents, and spend our best efforts to create the most suitable accommodation model, in terms of comfort, health, security, price and socializing.
The Residorm buildings and student rooms were designed and built taking into consideration the students’ needs, security and safety.
The dormitory buildings are located in the campuses and therefore they are protected by not only the campus security personnel, but also the security cameras operating in the dormitory building both working on a 24/7 basis. Each dormitory operates as a part of the university where it’s located, and it’s supervised by this university.
Each dormitory has a personnel consisting of around 40 people, and they work on a 24/7 basis to ensure our students’ comfort, meet their needs and solve their problems.
The privileges and discounts provided to the students increase by the number of the years that they stay in the dormitories.
The Residorm dormitories do not only serve as a dormitory, but they also provide job opportunities to students, organize trainings, seminars, sports and arts activities and tournaments and support the personal and social development of the students.
In the academic year of 2015-2016, we will provide an accommodation and meal aid for 90 students for the first time to support their university studies.
Residorm is not a student dorm only, but a new world appreciating people, listening to the students and trying to find solutions to their problems, and spending efforts to support the students’ development in different areas.
• Security on a 24/7 basis (surveillance camera system)
• Controlled entry and exit (turnstile gates)
• Reception services on a 24/7 basis
• Wireless internet in all rooms and common areas
• Study rooms, allowing students to study in a silent environment or as a group
• Television rooms for watching the news, films, music clips and sports games
• Music room and recreational rooms
• Common kitchen (where students may cook their meals by using various kitchen amenities such as electric stoves, microwave ovens, toasters, and sinks)
• Facilities containing a supermarket, cafes and restaurants, etc.
• Hot and cold water dispensers in the corridors
• Catering services for breakfast and dinner
• Laundry (to be charged to the room card)
• Purchases form the supermarket and the other stores
• Accommodation in summer (10% of the annual fee to be paid in advance)
• Linens, additional pillows
• Changing rooms (The first room change is free, and the second room change, which will be permitted if there are available rooms, will be subject to a fee of 70 TL.)
* In the Residorm Kırıkkale, the fitness center is in the dormitory building; while in Balıkesir and Muğla, the fitness centers are located in the neighboring shopping facilities.
Note (*): These services are provided at reasonable prices announced in September for each year.
We don’t allow smoking inside the Residorm buildings. The applicable las and the campus regulations of the Council of Higher Education prohibit smoking indoors.
However we have balconies for smoking in every floor for the use of the students.*
* There is no balcony for smoking in the male dormitory building in Balıkesir.
The Residorm dormitories are located inside the campuses of the relevant universities, and therefore we need to comply with these universities’ decisions.
The last entry time in Residorm Balıkesir is 23:45. In Residorm Kırıkkale and Muğla, the last entry time on weekdays is 24.00, and 01.00 on weekends.
You will also be responsible for any damage that may be caused by your guests.
We are very sensitive about electricity and fire. There are fire alarms on the room doors and the mattresses are nonflammable. All areas are equipped with fire detection, alarm and extinguisher systems. There are backups of the fire pumps. In emergency cases, the escape corridors are illuminated by emergency lights. The electricity sockets in the students’ rooms are protected by leakage current fuses. There is a scissor system on each window to prevent it from opening fully. There is a generator for each building to power the building and the elevators in case of a power cut.
We continuously check and maintain the equipment that constitute a part of this secure infrastructure.
• Modern architecture, colorful and commodious spaces;
• Earthquake resistant buildings equipped with technological building materials;
• Fire detection and prevention system compliant with the fire regulations (a smoke detector and a fire extinguishing system in each room);
• Environmental friendly power consumption and solar energy system;
• Efficient water consumption supported by the treatment of gray water;
• High level thermal insulation;
• Secure infrastructure and hardware;
• Uninterrupted power system supported by generators;
• Leakage current fusses and safety measures against electric shock
• Elevators at a capacity suitable for the number of the students, and powered by a generator
You can’t use these phones to make external calls, but you can receive calls from external numbers. Those wishing to call you at the telephone in your room are required to dial your dormitory’s number and then enter the code specific for your dormitory and your room number.
This code is 12 for Balıkesir, 11 for Kırıkkale and 10 for Muğla. (For example, if you are to call the room number 4013 in the Residorm Balıkesir dormitory, you should dial 124013.)
We also provide catering services in Residorm Balıkesir and Residorm Kırıkkale. We provide dinner and breakfast catering services on weekdays and weekends and you may benefit from these services by making an additional monthly price.
Please call your Residorm for prices and more details.
Students who declare that they will make Summer Accommodation will be able to attend general maintenance, repair, arrangement, cleaning, etc. in the rooms during any week will be deemed to have accepted. Summer Accommodation fee is charged in advance.
2nd Option: You may book a room at our website at www.residorm.com and make your registration online.
Your reservation (the accommodation agreement) enters into force upon the payment of the security deposit. (Deposit price is the same amount as your monthly room price). This will serve not only as a security for any damage that the student may cause during his or her stay, but also as a deposit for the performance of the obligations under the agreement.
In the first option, this security payment may be made by credit card or in cash, while in the second option it may be made by online payment or bank transfer.
You may pay the Annual Accommodation Fee in advance when you’re making your reservation or checking in your dormitory, or you may pay it in installments. In any case, you need to pay for your first month of stay before checking in.
(!) You need to present the following documents when making your reservation.
DOCUMENTS TO BE PROVIDED BY THE STUDENTS MAKING RESERVATION FOR THE FIRST TIME
1) Student card or any other document evidencing the enrollment to the university
2) Identity card copy (You need to show the original of your identity card.)
3) 2 headshot photos
4) Medical report
5) Copy of the parent’s identity card
6) If disabled, health commission report
This security deposit (for damages and cancellation) will be used for remedying any damage to the fixed assets in the rooms and the common areas. If a part of this security damage is used for remedying such a damage and its balance falls below 50% at any time during the term of the Agreement, the student is required to make an additional payment within one month to ensure that its balance is 40 TL again.